Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Clean Slate

Day 6 of the Master Cleanse. My fiance doesn't understand my will power, especially since over the past few days I've been looking at different recipe websites and cookbooks. I haven't been doing it to torture myself, but to motivate myself into getting back into healthy eating habits. I've been working out 5-6 days a weeks for the past couple of weeks.  I'm not only determined to lose the holiday weight, but also to look and maintain a positive and healthy physique for work (acting, singing and dancing), and of course the wedding.

The wedding is very nontraditional, eclectic and colorful. I will be wearing a saree, which means my tummy will be showing, so I definitely gotta show off my six-pack, and of course my tattoos ;-). My fiance wants to wear a sherwani, and the groomsmen and bridesmaids will be in chinese attire.



I'm happy cause I already got the ball rolling on all the plans:  our website is almost done, the place is booked, and in a couple of weeks we begin cake tastings.  I know that seems counterproductive coming off a cleanse, but it's a tough job, and I can't wait to do it :-D!  (In a Homer Simpson voice:) Mmmm, caaaakkkeee *droool*

Sometimes things seem slow careerwise, but I know they're not.  There's an MC I've been working with for several months, providing the hooks on a few of his songs;  "The Colored Museum" will be going up again in March at Roy Arias Theater IV;


I begin rehearsals for "Half Past Yesterday" by Ife-Gail Young within a month; and I'll be working with Jazz Ain't Dead, providing spoken word for one of their pieces in their production of "Porgy and Bess". I will fare the weather this week so I can meet with my agent to go over my pics so I can get some repros done.  And I've also decided to fit voice and dance classes back into my schedule and budget.

In 2011, I've gotten my groove back and I feel great. :-)

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you're doing well!! Keep that positivity going!!!

    ReplyDelete