Thursday, February 17, 2011

How Sweet It Is!

I passed up a networking event last night cause I'm on a mission. 



I listened to two great teleseminars last week, which reawakened my motivation and drive. I've realized that even though I've been doing a lot, I felt like I was at an empasse. I was moving but not really in the direction that I wanted to be going. 

Emily Grace conducted a seminar entitled "Get Known NOW:  From Frantic to Focused in 7 Simple Steps".  What really hit home for me was when she said (this is not verbatim) "Are you one of those actors who says, 'I just want to be working'?  Well, you've probably already reached your goal:  You're probably working at a number of things or a number of jobs, and you're frustrated 'cause you're working your butt off, and you don't seem to be getting anywhere. You need to have a clear goal." I realized in life that when you're ready to make a change, ready to move forward toward the life you want, and toward becoming the person you're meant to be, the path will open up to you, and you'll begin to look at things with new eyes.  I've been performing, auditioning, studying and practicing the majority of my life. Listened to countless suggestions on what to do in my career "in the meantime/to make some money now/cause you never know where it can lead", instead of listening to my own intuition, and believing that I could have what I really wanted.  Just like I let go of my hangups and fears, and opened myself up to a loving relationship, it was now time for me to do the same in my career. I wrote down all 7 steps, and re-worked my five-year plan.  I've taken the steps toward completing my first goal, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me.  My fiance has been a blessing in my life in so many ways. It was him who told me about Emily's seminar.  I don't know how he came across it, I just know it came right on time.

The second one I listened to was Lisa Gold's teleseminar on social media.  I'm already on facebook, twitter, actors access, ny castings, casting networks, model mayhem, linked in, myspace, skype, etc., and now have a blog.  Lisa's seminar just helped see what more I can do to brand myself as an artist, and how to properly utilize tools I already have.  I've been on Lisa's mailing list for quite awhile, and really enjoy her seminars and her networking parties.

With Emily and Lisa's words fresh in my brain, I quickly got on the ball. I ordered my reproductions, new business cards, updated my profiles on the casting websites and signed up for Scott Powers Studios' Commercial Print Agents' Forum. I finally feel I'm in the right place for myself.






The other end of the spectrum is the wedding prep. Wonderfully and surprisingly enough, things are going rather smoothly. I'm so happy and relieved about that. My fiance almost has his guest list together, and I have some extended family helping out with finding good group rates for hotels.

The other day, my best friend and my roommate went with me to do a cake tasting. A facebook friend recommended Karen Charles Teesdale of Empress Cakes LLC. Let me tell you, we tasted the cake of Life!  She had samples of red velvet, chocolate and vanilla cakes, as well as strawberry champagne, mimosa, lychee, vanilla bean and pistachio buttercream. The three of us attacked those samples like they were our first and last meal. Now considering that I ended the cleanse less than two weeks ago, I'd been very careful about what I had been eating lately.  I haven't had that much sugar in God knows how long, and my body wasted no time in reminding me of that fact.  Once that sugar crash hit, the three of us were completely done in:  I had the worst stomachache, my best friend had a sugar headache because she didn't eat anything all day except fig newtons, and my roommate ended up with the itis. We were miserable by the end of it, but we all agreed it was sooooo worth it!




We were about to finish all of it, until we realized the nice thing to would be to save at least a few forkfuls for my fiance to try.  He didn't care what flavors I picked, he devoured what was left the moment I put the plate in front of him at home. I asked him what flavors he liked, and he said it all tasted the same to him:  like sugar. He doesn't really care what flavors I picked for the cake and cupcakes, this is all he's looking forward to (and I admit, so am I lol): 




Shenanigans aside, if it isn't obvious, I truly do love my fiance more and more each day. He never ceases to amaze me. On Valentine's Day, I opted to work to have the extra cash, so we decided to have our V-day the night before. It was the most romantic thing I could ever hope for. A candlelight dinner, Al Green on wax, cocktails, dessert, "Romancing The Stone" on Netflix, and a little wink wink nudge nudge. Chalky candy hearts, and cardboard valentine cards from grade school were nice, but Grown Up Valentine's are so worth the wait ;-).

Oh life, How Sweet It Is!





No comments:

Post a Comment