Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Place To Begin But At The Beginning

It's winter in Brooklyn, NY.  In little over 4 months, I will be a married woman.

Since deciding NOT to become a bridezilla, the wedding planning has been a lot simpler.  That's only cause I try not to think about all that goes into it all that much.  When I think about all that's gonna go into that one day, the thought does get overwhelming.  Mainly because of all the people that want to travel here from out of town.  I keep telling folks I want this to be a small affair.  I don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt.
Funny, I've thrown countless parties before, and my worry then was how I was gonna get a lot of people to come.  And now my worry is how NOT to get a cast of thousands to come.  I'm not gonna worry about it.  I'm just happy that a lot of people do want to come.

On the flip side, is balancing what little finances I have between wedding expenses and career expenses i.e. new business cards, getting more headshots reproduced, classes etc.

As I sit here sipping my coffee, listening to the neighbors outside shoveling through the mush, there's only one thought going through my mind:  "callback callback callback".  I had an audition for "American Idiot" on Broadway today. My saving grace was the headshot that I used:


I channeled the teenage suburban angst of my youth, and did my thing. Now I play the waiting game...

4 comments:

  1. sweet! Good luck on the call back, you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic sis. Good luck with the audition. But I know you did great as always. Can't wait to see you in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Very sweet and open! I dig it! :-) Love you little cousin! Have fun! ~*~

    ReplyDelete