Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Finally

Back from my weekend trip home, and I just needed one day to recover. Now it's back to business.


We've set a shoot date for Velma, and are ambitiously going to shoot two episodes. If the scripts are tight, the actors (including myself) are on point, the equipment is set up beforehand, and the crew knows exactly what they need to do from point A to B, we can knock it all out.

I feel like I'm playing a balancing act though. Money I'm putting into this project, can also go toward my package e.g. new headshots and classes with casting directors. Can I do both?  Do I want one more than the other?



I had an interesting dream last night. I'm not sure where I was, but I was talking to some young women about how I had been working, shooting promos for BET, and I wasn't sure if people liked it or thought I was good.  And one of the women said, "Don't worry about that. Don't just be good, be great at what you do."  I got this sudden burst of energy and confidence, and later on in the dream, found myself unintentionally booking a gig because someone overheard me singing Aretha Franklin's "Chain of Fools".

I know that once I stop worrying about HOW things are going to happen, and just KNOW that they will happen, the path will be more visible.  It's like a daily exercise, or meditation or mantra.  I see it, and I feel it, so there's no room for failure. I'm human, so I'm sure I may make some mistakes along the way.  But the goal is set and clear.


This is the first day in a few days where I've had some peace and quiet, and time to be still and reflect and refocus.  Not that I've lost focus; my business-mind has just taken a little break.  It's good though 'cause I know if I don't give myself a break every once in awhile, I'll burn myself out.



This blog entry is really about me musing and reflecting, and less about all the things I've done this past month.  All that will be listed on my website.  How-some-ever (a lovely word courtesy of my grandmother), I have been diligent in cultivating my relationships with casting directors:  After Amy Gossels's awesome class, she asked me and another actress if we'd be interested in assisting with camera work in castings or classes. I was like "Fuck Yeah!" Of course, I didn't use those exact words, mind you.  Also, Beth Melsky and Donna McKenna are now following me on Facebook, and Laura Rosenthal Casting is now following me on Twitter. I make it a deal to check the casting websites at least twice a day.

I am no doubt on a mission, and plan to bask in my achievements very soon. Man, I can't wait for bikini weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment