Monday, February 4, 2013

I Survived The Mayan Apocalypse, And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt

On December 21, 2012, I started my vacation in Detroit and Chicago.  On December 22, 2012, we were still in Detroit. Now either the world didn't come to an end, or we're all just ghosts in purgatory. Granted, the notion of the latter would be pretty interesting, I'd have to believe that it's more fathomable that the former is true.


Fast forward past a cold and snowy Xmas in Detroit, and a cold and windy New Year's in Chicago, and we were happy to be back in a not-so-cold brand new year in NYC. I enjoyed the vacation time, but I couldn't wait to get back to work:  Networking, Networking, Networking, Writing, Producing, Rehearsing, and Auditioning. 

Fighting Laughter Warrior had two great performances.  We had the first at the Legion Bar, and the second at The Producer's Club, which we recorded live as a potential pilot to shop around to producers.  Both shows were filled to capacity, and we now have even more fans. :-)


The Sundance Film Festival was in the middle of January, and even though I couldn't make it this year, I was happy to attend my friend Guy Shahar's bi-coastal Pre-Sundance party.  I had a great time as usual, and made some awesome new connections.  I used to be skeptical about going to the festival, but Guy said not being in a production that's in the festival shouldn't deter me from going. Networking, networking, networking is key.  And I know if I want to move forward in my career, not only as an actress, but as a writer and producer as well, I know I have to network my butt off, and build strong working relationships.

This year started out great:  I got my website up and running, my reel is finally done, and I finally got my foot in the door to meet and workshop with the cds from network tv. Also, today, I got producer Fotene Trigonis  to come on board to help me out with the Velma project. 

February 4th, and life is good.  Greg and I got and survived the flu. I've dropped 10 lbs, not only from that, but also cause I cut wheat out of my diet. We decided to make some lifestyle changes, to live a more happy, healthy and abundant life. 2013 is our year.



I'm excited about this month's performances, events and workshops.  I'm happy to move forward with the Velma project, I'm happy to be performing with Fighting Laughter Warrior, I'm happy to be working again with Phyllis Yvonne and Timothy Stickney, I'm happy that everything I've ever wanted is coming to fruition. It's only Februrary 4th; I'm excited about what the rest of the year will bring. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment