Friday, November 9, 2012


The world is changing. The election is over (Yayy, Obama!).  Hurricane Sandy devastated the caribbean and east coast.  And the Nor'easter added to the mess and frustration.  Through it all though, there seems to be a since of calm in the air. Despite divisions, separations and differences, people are pulling together. The stress of what could have been has been lifted, and people are embracing the possibilities of what's to come in the future.  

People are still worried about the end of the world. But as I see it, it's not the end of the world, but the end of a cycle.  In a statement released by Oxlaljuj Ajpop, the end of the cycle simply "means there will be big changes on the personal, family and community level, so that there is harmony and balance between mankind and nature."

It's a growth period for us all. Time to move on from the past into the new and Unknown.


Along with the changing of the leaves, came changes in my life and career.  Both my husband and I got positive boosts in regards to our careers.  His accessory company garnered more attention from some pretty influential people, and he has some good leads on better jobs. His previous job was toxic in so many ways. Now that it's over, his outlook on life and his career goals have changed.  I can see and sense how his spirit has been uplifted after leaving such a negative environment. He's truly coming into his own, and seeing the light in his eyes gleam brighter when he talks about his goals, his abilities, and all the possibilities that can occur in the future, is a wonderful thing to see. I'm so happy and proud of and for him.  It's a wonderful feeling to be on this journey with him.

As for me, it's better if I just bullet point all the things that have occured this season:

  • I performed in the Manhattan Monologue Slam
  • I did a photo shoot for Bridal Tribe magazine 
  • I auditioned for a slew of commercials and films
    • As a result of auditioning at Jennifer Euston Casting, I was called in a second time to audition for another project.
  • Met talent manager Josselyne Herman-Saccio and producer Joe Kramer at Lisa Gold's networking party.
    • I was contacted by Josselyne's office to set up a meeting (yayy!) at the end of this month.
    • I was called in to audition, got a call back, and am now a cast member of Joe Kramer and Deepak Ananthapadmabha's Fighting Laughter Warrior improv game show.
  • Had a consultation with Paul Michael at The Network, who gave me some wonderful insight on how to move forward the way I've really wanted to in my career, i.e., finding the right audition material, meeting the right people, and getting involved in projects that will truly benefit me, and give me the boost I need to succeed.
  • I enrolled at the Upright Citizens Brigade, and will begin improv classes there later this month.
  • I performed in Arthur French III's short play, "Negative Vibes", part of John Chatterton's Short Play Lab.
  • I got cast in the staged reading of Duncan Pflaster's "The Tragedy of Dandelion", part of Oberon Theatre Ensemble's original reading series, where I'll be playing 5 different roles (I always love exercising my character voice and accent skills). 
  • Lastly, and absolutely not least, I created an indiegogo campaign to help fund the production of the pilot episode of my webseries, "Velma Doesn't Get It". I'm super happy, excited, and blessed at how it's all going. 
Writing all of this, I realize just how grateful, thankful, and blessed I am to be doing what I love, and to have the love and support I have in my life. 

The year isn't even over, and I can't imagine nor wait to find out what blessings and possibilities are in store.

La Vita E' Bella!


No comments:

Post a Comment